Romance on 30A: 5 Tips for an Inspiring Couples Retreat
Romance on 30A: 5 Tips for an Inspiring Couples RetreatWhether catching a sunrise or a sunset, strolling along the sugar sand shores of the South Walton beaches hand in hand with your loved one is about as romantic as it gets. There is something both magical and simple about standing with your feet in the warm turquoise waters of the gulf as the day begins or ends that reminds you what—and who—is most important in life. If you’re planning a romantic getaway to Scenic Highway 30A, consider these top 5 tips for an intimate and memorable experience.
1) Most Romantic Resort: The WaterColor InnWhile often advertised as a family-friendly destination, The WaterColor Inn & Resort also provides an unforgettable setting for a couples vacation. The luxe boutique hotel rooms feature beachfront porches or balconies and walk-in showers with views of the gulf. Visit the Inn Spa for pampering, relax in the adults-only heated swimming pool and take a bike ride across the Western Lake bridge at sunset. With everything you need onsite at the resort including top-rated dining options; the WaterColor Inn offers a luxurious and carefree escape.
2) Most Romantic Restaurant: Café TangoThere are countless exceptional options for fine dining along Scenic Highway 30A; however, Café Tango in Blue Mountain Beach has stood the test of time as a premier dining spot for a party of two. Set in a charming wooden beach house just off of 30A on Vicki Street, Café Tango serves up European inspired coastal cuisine made with the freshest ingredients and paired with an excellent wine list. Seating only 30 diners at a time, the atmosphere is intimate and the service is dedicated. Make reservations in advance to guarantee a table and enjoy an unforgettable evening with your special someone.
3) Most Romantic Park: Eden Gardens State Park
Head north on County Road 395 just minutes from the 30A beaches to visit the breathtakingly beautiful gardens and grounds of Eden Gardens State Park, located on Tucker Bayou and the Choctawhatchee Bay. Love seems to seep from the branches of the massive moss-draped oaks that line the park and it is easy to see why Eden is a popular location for area weddings and receptions. Spend a quiet moment sitting in the rocking chairs on the porch of the nearly 120 year old plantation-style Wesley mansion, hike the trails and enjoy a picnic by the water.
4) Most Romantic Bar: Havana Beach Rooftop LoungeNestled above the rooftop pool of The Pearl hotel in Rosemary Beach, the Havana Beach Rooftop Lounge offers a chic and relaxed setting to enjoy a cocktail (or two!) with spectacular views of the Gulf of Mexico. Featuring comfortable lounge seating and cabanas that can be reserved for special occasions, Havana offers a varied menu of delicious brunch and small plate dinner items. Take in the cinematic art of local artist Tommy Crow and listen to live music from local favorites such as Kyle Lamonica.
5) Most Romantic Excursion: YOLO Boarding
The natural landscape of South Walton with its varied waterways makes it the perfect place to try the world’s fasting growing watersport of standup paddleboarding and what better way to experience authentic 30A culture alongside your love then with YOLO Board, a locally owned and operated standup paddleboard manufacturer and outfitter. For beginners, picturesque and protected Western Lake, the largest coastal dune lake in South Walton, is a great place to start while braver adventurers can head out into the Gulf of Mexico and paddle alongside the dolphins.